International Assembly of God, Warren, MI
Seeking Senior Pastor
International Assembly of God is a friendly, family oriented church for all language groups of approximately 100 members with a strong Biblical foundation.
Our mission is to:
1) Preach the full gospel to all people;
2) Provide a place for spirit filled worship and fellowship;
3) Empower believers to become true disciples of Christ.
We have many ministries that connect with the broad range of age, cultural and generational demographics of our church family. Our Adult ministry empowers families to be the center of faith orientation and learning, where Christian faith and a Biblical worldview are most effectively developed. The Youth Ministry provides a wide range of youth activities and ministries that prepare them to be effective disciples of Christ. Our Children’s Church gives great importance and love to our children. At the elementary level in Children’s ministry, our focus is to prepare them for life by developing a firm foundation in God’s Word and supporting a deep personal relationship with Jesus Christ. We also have an outstanding Music/Fine Arts Ministry, which allows us to utilize the arts and every creative talent and gift that God has given to us as our expression of love to Him in worship.
We are currently seeking a Senior Pastor who is energetic, motivated, passionate, and possesses a servant's heart. The pastor must be committed to serving Christ and His church, as well as having the ability to lead, inspire, encourage, strengthen, counsel and guide individuals and families in their spiritual growth and walk with Christ. Candidates must exemplify the love of Christ, have a proficient knowledge of Scripture, and exhibit spiritual maturity. There must also be a burden for spiritual growth, discipleship, and revival of the congregation as well as a passion to mentor the assembly for evangelistic outreach.
The pastor shall be a person of good report, spirit-filled whose life and conduct shall conform to the Scriptures (I Tim. 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9, I Peter 5:2, 3). The pastor's wife should also be committed to loving people and sharing in the ministry of Christ with her husband (I Tim. 3:11).
Our requirements are
- Fluency in English (our main service is in English) and Malayalam.
- Acquaintance with Tamil and Hindi.
- A graduate (minimum Bachelor degree) from an accredited Bible College/Seminary with a background in related fields such as Theology, Pastoral Studies, or Counselling.
- A licensed minister of Assemblies of God or similar Pentecostal churches recognized by Assemblies of God, willing to obtain AG Credentials within a year.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a lead or associate Pastor in a Pentecostal church. Youth and children’s ministry experience is also desirable.
- Life experiences which contribute to a “well-rounded” character with the ability to relate to individuals from a variety of age, societal, cultural, and economic backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational, leadership and communication skills.
Pastoral duties would include and is not limited to the following
- Preaching and Worship Leadership
- Vision, Creativity, and Strategic Planning in conjunction with the Board of Deacons
- Teaching, Leadership Development and Discipleship
- Congregational Relations and Pastoral Care
- Local and International Missionary projects
We ask all interested candidates to send us a letter of application, a resume, contact information for at least three references, and a sample recording of a sermon (CDs and/or links to online recordings are acceptable).
Please send application materials either by POST or Email to: